Licensing rules vary from state-to-state and sometimes between cities in the same state. In many communities, unlicensed contractors may not receive a building permit for work they do for someone else. Construction done by a person not licensed as a contractor may not pass inspection or receive a certificate of occupancy, which allows the use of a building.

Generally speaking, yes. An estimate is just that — the contractor’s guess as to how much the project would cost you. Be sure before you sign a contract that you know whether the price quoted is an estimate or a firm price. You may, however, be suspicious if the estimate was significantly lower than the actual price charged. If you were induced to sign a contract by an estimate that bears no relation to the actual price, you may have a claim for fraud against the contractor.

A building inspector evaluates the building project, usually several times, at various stages of construction, to ensure compliance with local building codes. In some communities, a certificate of occupancy is given only after the home passes a final building inspection. Home inspectors generally evaluate an existing home as a part of the sale or purchase of the home. Home inspectors look at readily accessible systems and components, but they do not certify that a home is in compliance with the building codes.

The buyer needs to pay the following taxes:

TDS or tax deduction at source on the amount exceeding Rs 50 lakhs for the purchase of property excluding agricultural land.
Stamp duty
Service Tax – Applicable if the property is being purchased from the builder who conceived and constructed the project before offering possession to the buyer. If a
`ready to move in’ property is purchased from the seller, service tax is not applicable.
Value Added Tax (VAT) – If applicable in the concerned stat

The buyer needs to pay the following taxes:

TDS – 1% on immovable properties (except agricultural land) exceeding Rs 50 lakhs.
Stamp Duty – Depending upon state and municipal laws
Service Tax – It is a central tax paid for the services offered by the developer to you. From April 1, 2015, onwards, if the apartment is worth less than Rs 1 crore, or has a floor area less than 2000 sq ft, the service charge levied is 14% on car parking and preferential location charges (PLC) and 3.50% on the basic sale price. If the apartment is worth over Rs 1 crore or has a floor area greater than 2000 sq ft, the service tax levied is 14% on car parking and preferential location charges (PLC) and 4.2% on the basic sale price of the flat.

Carpet Area:

This is the area of the apartment/building, which does not include the area covered by the walls.

Built-up Area:

The carpet area plus the area of the walls. Super Built-up Area: This includes the built-up area along with the area under common spaces such as the lobby, lifts, stairs, etc.

A simple water proofing of the roof is enough. Various water proofing products are available in the market that will ensure that the roof is protected, water-resistant and leakage-free.

Clogged drains are one of the most common plumbing problems homeowners face. Clogs happen at the worst times—like when you sleep through your alarm and are going to be late for work but still decide to take a shower and now the water is overflowing onto the bathroom floor.

DIY Plumbing Tips

The buyer needs to pay the following taxes:
Use caution when using liquid drain cleaners. Not all drain cleaners are created equal. Some have harsh chemicals in them that can actually damage your pipes! Boiling water can be more effective than store-bought products.
Vinegar and baking soda. Mix equal parts of the two ingredients and pour the mixture down the drain to dislodge the clog! The foam works to break apart whatever is blocking the pipe.
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. For clogs in a sink drain, the blockage can sometimes be easily accessed by removing the drain pipe under the sink. Have your bucket and gloves ready—this can get messy.

Generally, when you have a foul odor when flushing the toilet it means the toilet wax ring is not sealed to the toilet or the floor. Whenever you put water into a drain, it first has to push the air away. If the wax ring is not sealed, it will simply push it between the floor and the bottom of the toilet into the room, instead of down the pipe. Because both air and water take up space in the pipe, you can’t put the water in unless you move the air out. Typically we send it up the main vent of the house and out the roof, but if the roof vent is blocked, then there is no place for the air to go. To eliminate the bathroom odor, you should reseal the toilet to the floor and the clear the main vent of debris.

About once every 3 years is recommended for interiors and once every 4 to 7 years for exteriors. Nippon’s Sumo has a life of 4 years while Weather bond lasts up to 7 years. Interior paints, when maintained well, can last for up to 7 years.

For exteriors, the best time to paint is when the weather is pleasant, without risk of high humidity or rain on the horizon. It is best to avoid painting in extreme temperatures and humid conditions. For interiors, there are no such restrictions − an ambient temperature in-home and outside is best. It is best to have some ventilation during and immediately after painting in order to dissipate fumes, and also help with drying.

This growth is fungus or algae. This is caused by a living micro-organism generally found on painted or unpainted surfaces. It can be greenish, reddish-brown, dark grey or black in colour and is caused due to the growth of a continuously damp surface with dirt accumulation and insufficient sunlight, or application of fungicide or algaecide. High-pressure washing and scrubbing of the affected area. Allow the wall to dry overnight before re-painting.

We have every trade imaginable. Carpenters, Bricklayers, Tilers, Painter’s, Plumbers and Plasterers to complete repairs and installations throughout the home or work place.